Tomato Pie

For a girl who didn't used to like tomatoes (except in mass quantities of ketchup) I am now in LOVE with them. This is one of my favorite side dishes. My mom made it for me first, and she got it from Paula Deen.



Tomato Pie

1 deep dish pie crust, pre-baked
2 large tomatoes, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
10-15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup light mayo
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Lay the sliced tomatoes in a colander to drain while you bake the crust. Paula Deen boils and peels her tomatoes, but I am lazy and don't think there's much difference anyway! Layer the sliced tomatoes, green onions and basil in the crust, and add pepper to season. Mix the mayo and cheeses together and spread on top. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (until the top is golden).

Comments