Apple-Oatmeal Bars

I saw these on a blog, Apples & Oranges, and knew immediately that I needed to try them. I love apple desserts, and am a fan of oatmeal cookies, so these seemed like a good mix of the two. I was surprised that the "batter" for the base of the bars wasn't really a batter at all, but more of a crumble. I didn't know for sure if I did them right, but I guess all that butter melts in to the oatmeal and flour to make the crust. As I said before, Chad said these were a 10! I think they would be over the top with ice cream and caramel sauce.



Apple Oatmeal Bars

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
3 apples, peeled and diced (I used Braeburn)

1. Sift flour, salt and soda together.
2. Add brown sugar and oats. Work in butter.
3. Grease a 8x8 inch pan and spread mixture on the bottom.
4. Spread apples on and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
these are so yummy, Lani!