Monday, October 15, 2007

Apple-Oatmeal Bars

I saw these on a blog, Apples & Oranges, and knew immediately that I needed to try them. I love apple desserts, and am a fan of oatmeal cookies, so these seemed like a good mix of the two. I was surprised that the "batter" for the base of the bars wasn't really a batter at all, but more of a crumble. I didn't know for sure if I did them right, but I guess all that butter melts in to the oatmeal and flour to make the crust. As I said before, Chad said these were a 10! I think they would be over the top with ice cream and caramel sauce.



Apple Oatmeal Bars

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
3 apples, peeled and diced (I used Braeburn)

1. Sift flour, salt and soda together.
2. Add brown sugar and oats. Work in butter.
3. Grease a 8x8 inch pan and spread mixture on the bottom.
4. Spread apples on and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

these are so yummy, Lani!