Chicken thighs...sounds gross but tastes good!

So I admit that I was cheap at the grocery store this week (hence the baked ziti that produced dinner, lunch and another dinner!) so I bought chicken thighs. I have never bought them before...I guess I am a chicken snob and usually buy boneless, skinless breasts. But since money was tight and I wanted to still make tasty dinners, I thought I would give them a try. I did spring for the skinless, and even though the word "thigh" sounds unappetizing, I really liked this chicken. Chad and I decided it's the bones, and I think I'll buy more bone-in chicken from here on out! This is another Giada De Laurentiis recipe...she is good (I did modify the recipe a bit, you can find the original at the link).



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Viniagrette

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 package chicken thighs

Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, overnight.

Preheat the oven to 400. Remove chicken from the bag and place the chicken pieces and marinade in a greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour.

Comments

Alison said…
Interesting, I have stayed away from chicken thighs, but maybe I will try them this weekend!!
Elly said…
I LOVE chicken thighs. In general, I love dark meat--way more flavorful than white. And bone-in chicken in general always makes for some yummy, tender chicken. I love this recipe from Giada, too ;)