Long time, no post!

It seems like I've been really busy (what's new) and haven't really cooked in over a week! Last night I finally made something blog-worthy (as opposed to frozen California Pizza Kitchen or Velveeta Mac & Cheese) so here it is! I still wanted to do something quick and easy because I was tired after my long weekend (Happy Birthday Kelli!) so we had steaks on the grill, stuffed portabella mushrooms courtesy of Publix, and my contribution, Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Feta. This came from the new issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It's a really good issue with some great Thanksgiving ideas...I already have a few marked as possibilities for this year's dinner. (And mom...if you're reading this, I need a new camera because mine is taking really bad food pictures! =)



Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Feta

1 big eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large plum tomatoes, cored and quartered lengthwise (I used 6...we like tomatoes!)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (I couldn't find this so subbed red wine vinegar)
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (the one package left at Publix was scary, so I just used a few shakes of dried oregano)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to 450. Place eggplant and tomatoes on rimmed baking sheet and toss with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of oregano, salt and pepper. Roast until eggplant is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Transfer eggplant and tomatoes to platter. Sprinkle with feta and remaining oregano.

Comments

Hi there! :) I stumbled across your blog and we have very similar taste in food. I can't wait to try your stuffed chicken recipe!

Keep up the good work.