Pizza night!

I saw this idea to make a pizza with a Pillsbury French bread crust, but I can't remember where! It turned out pretty good as far as the crust goes, but I didn't love the fresh mozzarella. I thought it would make it so good to use the freshest ingredients, but I thought the cheese was kind of bland. So I will make this again, but with some modifications on the toppings.



Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pizza

1 can Pillsbury French bread
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
2 large fresh mozzarella balls
10 basil leaves, chopped
pizza sauce (I used one package of Boboli pizza sauce)

Unroll French bread onto a rectangular baking sheet, crimping edges to form an edge. Prebake the crust for about 15 minutes. Spread sauce on crust, and top with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.

Comments