Sundried Tomato Meatloaf

During last school year, my friend Susan and I were frequent visitors to Let's Eat, and one of my favorite things was the Sundried Tomato Meatloaf. I couldn't remember exactly what was in it, so I just improvised and came up with this. I thought it was pretty good (I think maybe I cooked it too long) but Chad said he likes HIS meatloaf better. I told him he can start cooking dinner! I served the meatloaf with green beans and red-skinned mashed potatoes (boil the potatoes with the skin on, and when they are tender, drain and add warm milk, butter, garlic and sour cream).



Sundried Tomato Meatloaf

2 lbs. meat (I used 1 lb. lean ground beef and 1 lb. pork)
3 oz. sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 small can (8 oz.) Hunt's basil tomato sauce, divided
1 egg
1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning

Mix all ingredients together, using only half the can of tomato sauce. Shape into a loaf and put on a baking sheet. Spread rest of sauce on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or cooked through.

Comments