Garlic Fries

This recipe was posted in the 20th anniversary Cooking Light as the "Best Potato Dish". I am a french fry lover, and any fry that tastes great and doesn't make me feel so guilty is a winner in my book.

Garlic Fries

4 teaspoons canola oil (I used olive oil)
3/4 tsp. salt
3 lbs. peeled baking potatoes cut into 1/4 in. strips (I used Yukon Gold)
2 tbsp. butter
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (I used a few shakes of dried)
2 tbsp. fresh grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top bag and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 50 minutes or until tender and golden, turning after 20 minutes. When potatoes are done, place butter and garlic in a skillet, cooking over low for 2 minutes. Toss with potatoes, add parsley and parmesan, and serve immediately.

Comments