Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork

I absolutely LOVE BBQ. As long as there is sweet sauce and tender meat, I'm a fan. I do like to make my own now, and it's so easy in the crockpot. I saw many posts on The Nest's What's Cooking board for Root Beer Pulled Pork. I had pork, I had root beer, so I figured I would try it out. To me, I don't know if the root beer added anything special to the pork...it tasted pretty similar to the ones I had made before using water or chicken stock. So whatever you use as your liquid base to cook the meat probably doesn't matter much, as long as you have good pork and good sauce.

Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork

Pork Roast (I used a Boston Butt, I think)
1 can root beer
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. worcheshire sauce

Put pork in crockpot and add root beer (my roast was big so I also added some water to cover it). Cook on low for 7 hours. Drain liquid, reserving 1/4 cup. Shred pork and put back in pot. Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, worcheshire sauce and as much liquid as desired. Stir and cook on low for another 1 hour. Serve on toasted buns.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Lani! This is Jessica, David Collier's girlfriend (now fiance). I was googling your names to find your mailing address and came across your blog. Love it—I am a foodie & blogger too! So...first, can you send me your address (jfrobel@ioninteractive.com)? Second, when is your anniversary? And third, I wanted to share my favorite BBQ recipe with you....

http://jessicafrobel.wordpress.com/2007/09/12/my-newest-guilty-pleasure/