Apricot-Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

This was my first attempt at making a ham and it turned out pretty good. I don't know how much the glaze added to the ham...I didn't recognize a strong flavor, but the overall taste of the ham was awesome. I love ham on holidays, it reminds me of my granny. The glaze is originally from All-Recipes.



Apricot-Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

Fully-cooked ham (I used a 5 lb. bone-in ham)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apricot jam
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
Place the ham cut side down onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Mix together the brown sugar, apricot jam and mustard powder in a small bowl (I used apricot preserves so added a little water to make it thinner). Brush onto the ham using a pastry or barbeque brush. Reserve any leftover glaze. Enclose the foil around the ham and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 2 hours in the preheated oven. Apply the remaining glaze 20 minutes before the ham is done.

Comments