Alice Springs Chicken

I love Outback, and even though I haven't ever ordered this chicken there, I have always thought it sounded really good. I know there are tons of copy-cat recipes out there, so I searched and found this one that I thought sounded good. I invited Kelly (nestie me&mb) over for dinner because her husband was out of town, and her, Chad and I sat outside in the beautiful weather and REALLY enjoyed this meal. The honey Dijon marinade and sauce for the chicken was so good, and I'm not a huge honey mustard fan. For our version, I didn't use parsley and Kelly is a silly girl who doesn't like mushrooms so we left it off her piece.



Alice Springs Chicken

1 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup honey
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used two and butterflied them, they were huge)
1 package baby bella mushrooms
6 slices bacon, cooked
shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
salt and pepper

Place the mustard, honey, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor or mini-processor. Process until smooth and thickened. Pour half the mustard over the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Reserve the rest for later.

Cook chicken, either on the stovetop or on the grill (we grilled and it was great). While the chicken cooks, saute the mushrooms. Once the chicken and mushrooms are done, place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Brush with some of the reserved marinade, and top with mushroom, bacon and cheese. Heat in the oven until the cheese it melted, about 7 minutes.

Comments