Apple Turnovers

I love apple desserts. I saw this on a blog, Sweet, Savory, Southern, and thought they looked good and really easy. They were both. I think if I made them again, I would use both pieces of puff pastry and make bigger triangles or rectangles, because I love the filling and I couldn't get as much apples in the middle as I would have liked!



Apple Turnovers

2 medium apples, peeled and diced (I used Gala)
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp flour
4 pats butter (just a thin slice)
2-3 Tbsp prepared cinnamon sugar
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (12×9 sheet)
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a baking sheet and set aside (I used my silicon baking mat). Carefully unfold the sheet of puff pastry on a clean, lightly floured surface. Cut into 4 even squares. In a bowl, combine apple, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Spoon the mixture onto the center of each puff pastry square leaving a small border around the filling. Place 1 pat of butter on top of the filling in each pastry. Brush the edges around the filling with the beaten egg. Next, fold into triangles. Using a fork, press the edges together to seal. Make 2 slits in the top of each pastry. Brush the top with the egg and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 min, until the pastry puffs and is golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These sound soo good! I love apple desserts, too. All year round!