Broccoli and Ramen Noodle Salad

Last week we had cooking club in Orlando, and Staci was the host. She did a theme night of summer salads (great idea!) and this was one of the 4 she showed us how to make. It was definitely my favorite...I think I had about 3 helpings! One thing to note...as I was making the dressing, I tasted it to see how the flavors were because I halved the recipe. It did not taste good at all! I threw it on the salad and hoped for the best because I knew I had made it correctly. Luckily, once it sat in the fridge and mixed with the salad it was still the delicious concoction I remembered. (And Chad wants everyone to know that the fresh-caught, pan-fried trout in the background was caught and cooked by him!)



Broccoli and Ramen Noodle Salad

1 bag of broccoli slaw mix
1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles
2 stalks green onion, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup white sugar
1/8 cup or 2 tbsps. olive oil
3 tbsps. cider vinegar

In a large salad bowl combine the slaw, broken ramen noodles and green onions. Whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and ramen seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss evenly to coat. Refrigerate until chilled; top with sunflower seeds before serving.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Chad, thanks for your contribution!