Pasta with turkey sausage, artichoke and sun-dried tomato

This is my favorite Giada recipe. It's so light, but with so many delicious flavors. And it combines many things I love...pasta, artichokes, sun-dried tomato, basil, cheese. Chad loves it too, but I'm starting to think he's biased because he tells me every time I make him dinner that it is his favorite meal! I stay pretty close to this recipe, but any changes are in italics.



Pasta with turkey sausage, artichoke and sun-dried tomato

3/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, 2 tablespoons of oil reserved (many times I just use ones in the bag, not packed in oil)
1 pound Italian hot sausages, casings removed (I use sweet because I don't like hot)
2 (8-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts (frozen is hard to find and expensive, I just use 1 can of quartered hearts)
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
16 ounces fusilli pasta (I use whole wheat rotini)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, plus additional for garnish
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves (I leave these out)
8 ounces water-packed fresh mozzarella, drained and cubed, optional (not optional for me!)
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Heat the oil reserved from the tomatoes in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown, breaking up the meat into bite-size pieces with a fork, about 8 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a bowl. Add the artichokes and garlic to the same skillet, and saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli in boiling water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta (do not rinse). Add the pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup Parmesan, basil, and parsley to the artichoke mixture. Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the pasta. Stir in the mozzarella. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve, passing the additional Parmesan cheese alongside.

Comments

Sounds wonderful! I love Giada!
Saikat said…
Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

thx-Saikat