Recipe Exchange

I participated in a recipe exchange on the cooking message board that I frequent...this was supposed to be made like 2 weeks ago so I'm a little behind. Sorry! I am not good at making recipes as directed, so of course I changed it up a bit. It was kind of ironic because this exchange was family recipes, and the one I received was Great Grama's Chicken Eureka...and in modifying it I used my Granny's Broccoli Casserole recipe. So it's two family recipes rolled into one! This was a good, easy weeknight home-cooked meal.

*Note - My camera is on it's last leg...the focus is all out of whack. So until I get a new one (hopefully for my b-day, hint, hint!) I have to live with blurry pictures. =(



Chicken Eureka

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 head of broccoli florets
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Healthy Request)
1/2 cup light mayo
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
a few dashes of Worsteshire sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, divided

Mix the soup, mayo, sour cream, parmesan and Worsteshire in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of cheddar. Put the broccoli in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, and then layer the chicken on top. Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken and broccoli, and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden. I served this over brown rice.

Comments