Banana-Pineapple Bread, the light version

I submitted my mom's banana-pineapple bread to one of the What's Cooking recipe exchanges, and it was made with rave reviews by Lauren. I had one lonely black banana, so I thought I would make banana bread muffins, but since I already had cheesecake this weekend I wanted to make them light. A few substitutions, and voila! The same deliciousness with less fat and sugar.



Banana-Pineapple Bread Muffins

(I halved my usual recipe and made 6 muffins)

1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 cup applesauce
1 egg
1 overripe banana, mashed
1 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup crushed pineapple
nuts (if you want them...I made 1/2 and 1/2)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat first 3 ingredients until fluffy. Add banana and mix well. Add Bisquick and pineapple and beat until all ingredients are incorporated. Add nuts if wanted. Spoon mixture into greased measuring cups and bake for 30 minutes. Best served warm with butter!

Comments