Chicken Marbella

My mom made this dish a couple of months ago and said it was so good...I've been wanting to try it ever since. I invited some friends over for dinner so I would have an occasion to make it, and now I wish I hadn't waited so long! This is one of the best chicken dishes I've had in a long time, and will be an addition to my "favorite meal" cooking rotation. It's a very good meal to make for company, because you can prep it all the night before and just throw it in the oven when you're ready to start dinner. And I highly recommend mashed potatoes as a side...the pan juices were great on the potatoes.



Chicken Marbella

1 whole chicken, cut up (this dish really needs skin-on chicken to keep the meat moist)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Italian seasoning
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup dried apples
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white wine
1 bag carrots, peeled and julienned

Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic and dried fruit in a bowl. Place the chicken in a large bowl with lid. Pour olive oil mixture on top of the chicken, and let marinate in fridge overnight.

When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375. Arrange carrots on the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place chicken and marinade with fruit on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and pour wine around chicken. Cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes, occasionally basting with juices. Remove foil and cook for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Comments