Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders

Last week, after searching through my older Cooking Light cookbook, I came across a bunch of recipes that sounded tasty and were good for you. One of those was the honey-pecan crusted chicken. I made this using chicken tenders instead of the breasts and drumsticks the recipe called for, and it was delicious! It also cooked extrememly quickly since the tenders were so skinny. Chad and I both thought that these would be great on a salad.



Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders

salt
pepper
boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Combine honey, mustard, paprika and garlic in a small bowl. Combine cornflakes and pecans in a shallow dish (I crushed up the cornflakes and pecans together in my mini food processor). Brush both sides of chicken with honey mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture. Place chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat the chicken with cooking spray. Cook at 400 for 15 minutes or until done.

Comments

Liz said…
mmmmmm DH will love these!
I just starred this in Google Reader.
Thanks!
Kelly said…
oh, they would be sooo good on salad. Yum!
Liz said…
I made these last night, and they were a hit! Thanks!
Anonymous said…
This is my first post I'd like to thank you for such a terrific made site!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/strawberry-shortcake-party-supplies.html]strawberry shortcake Party Supplies[/url].