The start of my healthy week - Bruschetta Chicken

I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks, so I'm trying to drop those few extra pounds before I go (and because I know I will put on a few pounds with all that yummy food on the boat!). This week, I planned all my meals to be light and healthy but still hopefully satisfying. This is one I've made before, but I decided to leave out my beloved fresh mozzarella cheese for the sake of losing weight. It was very difficult. This is a great weeknight dinner because it comes together in a flash. There are a ton of variations out there that I've seen for bruschetta chicken, and here is mine!



Bruschetta Chicken

4 thin chicken cutlets, marinated in balsamic viniagrette dressing
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, diced
fresh basil, chiffonaded
olive oil

Mix the tomatoes, garlic and basil in a small bowl, and add a little olive oil and fresh pepper. I like to do this a few hours prior to dinner and let it set in the fridge. When ready to eat, heat a skillet on medium high heat. Cook chicken on both sides until done. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add tomato mixture to pan and cook about 1 minute until warmed. Serve tomato topping on chicken.

I served this with zucchini...I sliced it into long thin planks, and threw it in a big plastic bag with olive oil and lots of lemon pepper. Bake at 400 on a cookie sheet for however long the chicken takes.

Comments