Sausage, Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

Before I went grocery shopping this past weekend, Chad and I looked through the freezer to see if we had anything we could use for meals and Chad pulled out a package of venison sausage we had gotten from my dad. I usually make sausage with peppers and onions on a roll, but decided this time I would use it for pasta. I had a recipe pulled out from my Cooking Light magazine that used shrimp, and I thought the sausage would substitute well. I changed up the recipe a bit, but I couldn't find the original one online. So you'll just have to trust that the changes I made were for the better (if you're not into venison...shrimp, chicken or turkey sausage would be great). This pasta was delicious...yet another meal that Chad proclaimed to be the best I've ever made! =)



Sausage, Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

1 lb. venison sausage, casings removed
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes (if packed in oil, drain as much as possible)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup light cream cheese
noodle of choice
1 cup chopped broccoli
parmesan cheese

Put water on for noodles. Heat a large pan on medium heat, and cook sausage. When the sausage is mostly cooked through, add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Start the noodles. Add sun-dried tomatoes and saute for 1 minute. Add broth, wine and cream cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then turn to medium-low. When noodles have about 4 minutes left of cooking time, add chopped broccoli. Drain noodles and broccoli and toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.

Comments

Ooh, that venison sausage sounds wonderful in the dish! Thanks for sharing :)
Anonymous said…
We would like to feature your delicious pasta dish on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/