Grilled Potato Skins

I was watching Food Network the other day and saw Paula Deen do a show with her son Bobby that was all grilling foods. They made these potato skins and I knew that I had to try them. They were absolutely delicious. I was wary about how crispy they could actually be when cooked on the grill, but they were very crispy...better than fried I think! I always eat my potato skins with BBQ sauce, and these were no exception. Chad says between these and the crash hot potatoes he never wants a baked potato again!

Grilled Potato Skins



4 russet potatoes
4 tablespoons butter, melted
minced garlic
Salt and pepper
shredded Cheddar
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
sour cream

Preheat oven at 350. Clean and bake potatoes in oven for 1 hour. When done, allow to slightly cool and cut into halves.

Preheat grill to medium heat. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell for the toppings. Put garlic in melted butter. Cut the potatoes into quarter wedges, brush with butter and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until crisp, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of grilling, remove potatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Top the potatoes with cheese and bacon and place back on top of grill.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Paula Deen! I visited her restaurant in Savannah and it was phenomenal. I'll have to try out this recipe next time I'm grilling. It looks delicious!
gaga said…
I'd eat these over a baked potato any day too! They look really great.
Kelly said…
Can't wait to try these! Oh by the way, I have given you an Excellent Blog Award! So go over to my blog and see what to do now. I think your blog is awesome but really I think you are awesome!