Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry

I've been in the mood for a stir fry lately, and in the past when I've made them I've used a bottled stir fry sauce. I wanted to make it a little healthier so I searched online for a recipe on Cooking Light. I found this one, made a few modifications, and voila! Dinner is done. I don't have a picture, but it looked delicious, I promise.

Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry

2 vertically sliced sweet onions
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
3 pork loin chops, cut into thin slices and lightly coated with flour
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup chutney (I used a peach vidalia chutney, mango would be good too)
1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
Cooked angel hair pasta

Mix the chutney, chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl, place to the side. Place a large wok coated with wok oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the sweet onion from pan; place in a bowl. Recoat pan with wok oil. Add broccoli; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add broccoli to sweet onion. Recoat pan with wok oil. Add pork and red pepper; stir-fry 4 minutes or until pork loses its pink color. Reduce heat. Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in onion mixture, noodles and sauce; cook 1 minute.

Comments