Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

I love having breakfast on weekend mornings, and one of my favorite things to make and eat is sausage gravy. I try to make mine not TOO bad for you by using lowfat milk and reduced fat sausage. This recipe is so easy and so delicious. The picture doesn't do it justice because beige food just does not photograph well!

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Makes enough gravy for about 5 biscuits



1 package (the roll kind) Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
3 cups 1% milk
fresh ground pepper
1 package biscuits (I use the Pillsbury Golden Wheat biscuits)

Saute sausage in a large pan, crumbling as it cooks. Once the sausage is cooked through, sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir. Cook for about one minute. Whisk in milk and add fresh ground pepper (this is the only seasoning so I use a lot). Bring to a bubble then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer while you cook the biscuits. To serve, split a biscuit and top with the sausage gravy.

Note: If you feel the gravy is too thin, you can take out a few spoonfuls and whisk in some more flour then add back to the pan. Also, if you let the gravy simmer for a good bit of time it will usually thicken up.

Comments

Terri said…
This is one of my favorite breakfasts, too. Particularly on a lazy Sunday morning. Looks tasty, even if it is beige.
Angie said…
Yum, I love Sausage biscuits and gravy. And, I agree with Terri - looks tasty, even in beige!
#1SAHM said…
glad you decided to keep blogging, this looks great! : )