London Broil with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy and Roasted Fingerlings and Carrots

Yesterday was the five year anniversary of when Chad and I met. We had an unusual quiet Friday night in, and I had planned this delicious dinner so I wouldn't miss going out to eat so much. London broil is a cheaper cut of beef, but I think it needs a really good marinade or gravy to go with it. This one is probably one of the best I've tried. Chad and I both agreed that these were the best carrots we've eaten, and the potatoes weren't bad either! Fingerlings are my new favorite potato.

London Broil with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy and Roasted Fingerlings and Carrots
Gravy recipe from Robbie's Recipes



London broil
Montreal Steak Seasoning
olive oil

2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I use baby bellas)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup red wine
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp cornstarch (I didn't have any so I used 2 tbsp flour)
1/4 tsp dried rosemary - crushed
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt

Rub London broil with olive oil and steak seasoning. Grill until desired temperature.

For gravy, sauté mushrooms in olive oil until liquid evaporates; remove from heat. In saucepan, whisk together wine, broth, and cornstarch then stir in rosemary, pepper, thyme, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. When sauce begins to thicken, stir in mushrooms. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until meat is ready.

For potatoes and carrots:
1 bag fingerling potatoes
1 bag baby carrots
olive oil
fresh ground pepper
salt
rosemary

Preheat oven to 400. Toss potatoes and carrots with olive oil, pepper, salt and rosemary. Put in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.

Comments