Apple Bread Pudding

My friend Kelly and I went to one of my favorite restaurants a few weeks ago. There has been a Brio in Orlando for a while, but we just got one in Tampa a few months ago. Our meal was great, and we decided to split one of their mini desserts. It was a tough choice, but we agreed on the apple bread pudding. I had never had bread pudding before, and this was absolutely delicious. Once I tried it, I knew I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving dessert. I searched around for a recipe and decided you can't go wrong with Emeril and I was right. This was sooooooo good. I didn't do the hard cider sauce with the recipe. Instead I opted for warm caramel sauce and ice cream. The perfect ending for a great meal!

Apple Bread Pudding
From Emeril Lagasse



2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 large eggs
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup apple cider
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 cups cubed stale raisin-cinnamon bread
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed (about 1 cup)
1 cup dried apples
caramel sauce
vanilla ice cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cream, cider, sugar, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine. Add the bread, fresh and dried apples, and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the bread is well saturated, up to 1 hour.) Bake until the top is golden brown and the center is firm, about 1 hour.

Remove from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into pieces and top with ice cream and warm caramel sauce. Serve immediately.

Comments